Rulide Prescribing Information
Rulide is generically known as Roxithromycin. It is an antibiotic which belongs to macrolides- a class of medicines. These types of antibiotics act by killing or preventing the bacterial growth which is responsible for the infection. Similar to any other antibiotics, it doesn’t show any effect against any viral infections like flu.
Uses of Rulide
Rulide can be used for the treatment of the following infections caused by bacteria in many other body parts:
- Acute pharyngitis (discomfort and sore throat while swallowing)
- Deterioration of chronic bronchitis
- Acute bronchitis (cough caused due to bronchial infection)
- Pneumonia (infection in the lungs characterized by malaise, fever and headache)
- Impetigo (infection caused by the bacteria resulting in the sores on the surface of the skin)
- Infection of skin and soft tissues
- Non gonococcal urethritis
Side Effects of Rulide
All types of medicines show few undesired side effects. They can be severe sometimes, but majority of the times they aren’t. Inform your pharmacist or doctor immediately if you don’t feel well during the intake of Rulide. Mostly it helps all the people suffering from bacterial infections, but there can be some undesired after effects seen in some people.
Inform your doctor if you observe any of the given below side effects:
- Vaginal thrush- itchy & sore vagina and vaginal discharge
- Oral thrush- furry, sore, white mouth and tongue.
- Loss of appetite
- Stomach pain
- Red or itchy skin
- Ringing in the ears
- Skin rashes
Generally these after effects are short-lived and mild.
If you observe any of the subsequent symptoms, which occur after several weeks of stopping the treatment with Rulide, then talk to your doctor:
- Severe and watery diarrhea, sometimes bloody too
- Severe stomach cramps or abdominal cramps
These side effects are rare but can prove to be serious and can affect your bowel.
Contraindications of Rulide
Don’t consume Rulide if you are suffering from serious liver disorders.
Do not consume rulide if you are allergic to:
- Roxithromycin or other macrolide antibiotic like clarithromycin, azithromycin or erythromycin
- Any of the active ingredients mentioned on the prescription label.
Don’t consume rulide if you are also consuming some specific medicines for the treatment of migraine headache known as ergot alkaloids such as ergodryl, cafergot, dihydergot and migral.
Don’t consume this medicine after the EXP- expiry date given on the pack. It may not function properly if you consume the medicine after the expiry date.
Don’t consume if the medicine package is damaged or tampered.
Rulide and Pregnancy
Let your doctor know if you are pregnant or wish to be pregnant. Similar to the majority of this kind medicine, Rulide is not advised for intake during pregnancy. Tell your pharmacist and physician if you are wishing to breastfeed or are already breastfeeding. Rulide can pass into the mother’s milk.
Searches Related to Roxithromycin
|roxithromycin dosage (364,000 results)||roxithromycin indications (334,000 results)|
|roxithromycin side effects (359,000 results)||roxithromycin vs amoxicillin (262,000 results)|
|roxithromycin and alcohol (342,000 results)||roxithromycin vs azithromycin (246,000 results)|
|roxithromycin uses (307,000 results)||does roxithromycin contain penicillin (96,600 results)|