Cleocin Prescribing Information
Apart from all these bacterial diseases, Cleocin is also used to cure Anthrax and plague.
Cleocin was first introduced into the medical markets in 1967. It was first released in North America and has since spread all over the world and is easily available in most medical stores around the world. It is a WHO certified drug and is not extremely expensive. It is an affordable medication but prefer to buy with insurance.
Cleocin is an antibiotic medication which is used to treat and cure the symptoms of numerous bacterial diseases. It has been seen that the medication of Cleocin is used to treat and cure the diseases which include stomach ulcers, bacterial infections, skin infections, Bronchitis and numerous other bacterial diseases.
Is it required to inform your doctor physician before initiating a treatment procedure of Cleocin?
It should be clearly noted that before commencing any kind of medication, it is very important from the patient's point of view that he informs each and every detail to his doctor or physician.
This is because the contents of Cleocin and other such antibiotic medications are too strong and if it is not consumed in a proper manner, then, it can give to some really harmful side effects. Apart from these, there are numerous other medications which react violently with the composition of antibiotics and hence, it is advised that before commencing any kind of treatment procedure of antibiotics, you should inform your doctor and physician, so that he can examine all the other drugs which you are consuming and provide you with a secure and efficient dosage of the antibiotic.
Following are some of the crucial factors which you should let your physician or doctor know regarding your medical history:
- You should let your doctor or physician know if you have any kind of tendencies of allergy with the components of Cleocin, which are lincomycin and clindamycin.
- You should also let your physician and doctor know about any kind of allergic tendencies which you might possess. This kind of allergic reactions come from other antibiotics, other medications, edible items as well as numerous other substances.
- Apart from all these, the patient should inform his doctor and physician about any other kind of allergies which might arise within your body. It is also very important to know what is the source of these allergies and what are the crucial symptoms of the allergies; such as rashes, itchiness, lack of breath, nausea, swelling of face and epidermis, pimples on the lips and face and numerous other signs.
- Apart from these common factors, it is also very necessary that you inform your doctor or physician if you have ever faced any kind of symptoms related to meningitis. This is becauseCleocin is not a proper treatment procedure for meningitis and hence, it is never used or prescribed by the doctors or physicians for the treatment of meningitis.
Can Cleocin react with other medications?
Since Cleocin is a type of antibiotic medication, hence, there are plenty of chances that the contents and composition of Cleocin might react with other types of medications and result in a violent series of side effects.
Hence, it is very important that you declare all the medications which you use in your daily life to your doctor before he prescribes a treatment procedure of Cleocin for you. Apart from all the antibiotic medications, you should also report any kind of herbal products or vitamins or ginseng or any other kind of prescription drugs which you are using during the period of treatment by Cleocin.
Apart from this, it is also suggested that you should never abandon the continuity of medication before the course terminates. This is because if you stop consuming the medication before the course is completely finished, the bacteria which get left inside the metabolism get strengthened and resistant towards the composition of the antibiotic medications. Hence, if in the near future, you suffer from that particular disease, it becomes very difficult to cure; since the bacteria which is present inside the body is already immune against the incoming antibiotic composition.
Should you be aware of any other factors related to the medication of Cleocin?
Since Cleocin is an antibiotic medication, it is very important that you undertake all the care in order to protect yourself from any other kind of mishap or side effect. Hence, you should be aware of certain things and restrictions about this medication.
Following are some of the points which you should be aware of and carry out before devouring medication of Cleocin:
- You should convey all your healthcare providers that are you are currently on the regime of treatment Cleocin.Apart from your health care providers, you must also inform the attendants of the pathological centers before carrying out your blood tests, nurses and any other person who is directly responsible for the well being of your body.
- You should carry out frequent blood and urine tests if you are planning to continue the medication for a long run. Hence, you should first talk to your doctor regarding the same.
- One of the most common mistakes which we make with antibiotics is that we tend to use it during viral fever and the common cold. However, it should be specifically noted that antibiotics are only used in case of bacterial infections and hence, they cannot cure any kind of viral diseases.
- There are numerous chances of side effects from the use of Cleocin. Hence, it is advised that one should have a clear idea about all the side effects and inform his doctor at the earliest if he notices any kind of symptoms of the side effects. However, the chances of getting affected by the side effects are much higher if a person is above 50 years old.
Side Effects related to the use of Cleocin
It has been seen that plenty of the patients who are using the treatment of Cleocin suffer from severe kind of side effects. Hence, it is absolutely important to have a rough idea about the symptoms of such kind of side effects and it is even more important to identify the symptoms and convey the same to your doctor at the earliest to avoid the risk of aggravating the symptoms of side effects.
Following are the most common side effects which arise from the use of Cleocin antibiotic medication:
- Pain in the joints
- Swelling of the lips, face, tongue as well as the throat
- Problems during urination and radical change of color of the urine
- Vaginal irritation among women
- Extreme skin infections, including rashes, itching, swelling and pimples
- Stomach ache and vomiting
- Diarrhea and lose motion of stool.
Uses of Cleocin
There are several great uses for Cleocin, which are:
- Bacterial Infections
- Mid Ear Infections
- Infection of bones
- Infection of joints
- Inflammation in pelvic region
- Strep throat
- Dental procedures
- Acne treatment
- Skin problems
- Prevention of heart infection
Side Effects of Cleocin
As with any drug, there are many side effects that can be caused by Cleocin as well. It is always better to talk to your doctor about side effects before using any drug, especially Cleocin. Even during the usage of this drug, if you ever find any serious side effects, it is best to consult your doctor and let them know about it. Second opinions about side effects are also advised. Here are some of the side effects of Cleocin:
Major Side Effects
- Eyes turning yellow
- Skin turning yellow
- Dark urine
- Changes in volume of Urine discharged
Minor Side Effects
- Skin Itches
- Frequent Diarrhoea
- Pain in the stomach region
- Pain in elbow joints
- Pain in knees
- Vaginal itching in women
- Vaginal discharge in women
- Rashes on Skin
- Feeling of heart burn
- Uncomfortable feeling in Throat
- Change in Stool
As with other drugs, there are several contraindications for Cleocin under which it is not advised to use. Your doctor would be able to provide you with a good list of conditions under which not to use Cleocin, but here are a few –
- Myasthenia Gravis Condtion
- Severely Ulcerated Colon
- Crohn's Disease
- Liver Disease that has reached later stages
- Bloody and frequent stool
- Impairment of the Renal area
- Atopic Dermatitis skin condition
- Frequent diarrhoea
- Clostridium difficile colitis
Cleocin and Pregnancy
There are not much detailed data or experimentation for usage of Cleocin in the first trimester of a pregnancy in women. Other studies show that treatment of different varieties and levels of incidence of bacterial vaginosis as well as abnormal vaginal discharge with orally taken Cleocin may reduce the onset of preterm delivery as well as late miscarriages. Pregnancy category B, which means no risk.
Mode of Ingestion
Cleocin can be ingested in many different ways, some of which are:
- Cleocin Pills – There are tablets which can be ingested by mouth directly or by dissolving in water.
- Cleocin Cream – Can be applied to the area of skin which is affected.
Searches Related to Cleocin
|cleocin cream (419,000 results)||cleocin side effects (411,000 results)|
|cleocin dosage (4,530,000 results)||cleocin gel (411,000 results)|
|cleocin 300 mg (368,000 results)||cleocin classification (174,000 results)|
|cleocin uses (359,000 results)||clindamycin for tooth infection (364,000 results)|