Duricef Prescribing Information
This medication is also called by the name Cefadroxil. It is an antibiotic medication that helps in the treatment of infections that result from bacteria. It is also known as a cephalosporin antibiotic. It curbs the growth of bacteria by attacking their formation of cell wall. This results to the death of these bacteria.
Uses of Duricef
There are several uses of this medication for treating infections caused by bacteria. They are:
- Reproductive tract infection
- Urinary tract infection
- Skin infection
- Streptococcal tonsillitis, also called strep throat
- Renal impairment
Side effects of Duricef
There might be some unnecessary occurrences caused because of the use of Duricef. The doctor must inform the patient regarding these unnecessary signs as it might affect the well-being of the patient concerned. Below the commonly occurring side effects are mentioned for better understanding.
Major side effects:
- Presence of blood in stools or urine
- Bleeding gums
- Tarry, black stools
- Dark-coloured urine
- Hoarseness or cough
- Loosening, peeling, or blistering of the skin
- Having difficulty while moving
- Feeling uncomfortable
- Redness or flushing of the skin
- General feeling of weakness or tiredness
- Joint inflammation
- Muscle or joint pain difficult or painful urination
- Muscle stiffness or pain
- Side or lower back pain
- Light-coloured stools
- Skin lesions, red in colour with a purple centre
- Yellowish skin or eyes
- Unusual warm skin
- Unusual bruising or bleeding
- Lymph nodes are swollen
- Continuous stomach pain
- Irritated, red eyes
- Ulcers, white spots, or sores appearing on the mouth or lips
Minor side effects:
- White coloured and thick vaginal discharge without odour or with slight odour
- Skin turning red
- Experience of pain while having sexual intercourse
- Pain or itching near the genital area
- Welts or hives
- Stomach pain, upset, or discomfort
- Sour or acid stomach
There are certain conditions which if a patient may have, this medication should be avoided. Doctors must not prescribe this drug to them as it can be hazardous to their health. They can be:
- Having allergy towards cephalosporins betalactams
- Clostridium difficile colitis
- Moderate or even mil kidney impairment
Duricef and Pregnancy
Research studies conducted by the Michigan Medicaid could not find many evidences on the correlation between Duricef and congenital effects. The FDA has assigned this particular drug to the pregnancy category B. This means, that other research studies on animal subjects as well were unable show any potential risks caused due to the usage of this medication. But, there has not been any controlled experimentation on human participants. This means that this medication should only be used if it is absolutely necessary.
Mode of Ingestion
Duricef or commonly called Cefadroxil is usually administered to patients through the mouth, orally. It is found in two forms; as capsules and oral suspensions.
Judicious is a medication which is used to treat various bacterial infections. Basically, Duricef is a type of cephalosporin antibiotic which is required to treat and cure the symptoms of numerous bacterial infections, which include throat infection, skin infection, epidermis infection, urinary tract infection, various issues with respiratory as well as nervous system.
It is very important to understand that antibiotics are only responsible for curing and treating the symptoms of bacterial infections. So, if you tend to consume an antibiotic medication during viral fever or the common cold, then, it will not show any kind of effect and you will not get relieved from the viral illnesses.
Apart from this, it should also be considered that unlawful use or abnormal use of antibiotics tend to reduce their effectiveness and productivity to cure and treat the symptoms of bacterial diseases. Hence, it is strictly prescribed that a patient should consume only a limited amount of this medication as prescribed by their doctor's prescription.
Apart from curing all the above discussed bacterial infections, Duricef and another similar kind of cephalosporin antibiotic medications tend to cure various dental issues among patients who have a pacemaker fitted in their heart. This is done so as to reduce the chances of any kind of cardiac infections during the dental operations.
Although we have discussed most of the infections which can be cured with the help of such types of cephalosporin antibiotics, yet, it has been seen that there are numerous other types of diseases and issues which can be treated with a dosage of Duricef which are not mentioned on the prescription label of the medication.
How to use the medication of Duricef?
It is generally prescribed by various doctors and physicians that Duricef should be consumed orally. Regarding the frequency of the consumption, it is best if it is consumed once or two times in a single day or as per the strict prescription and restrictions of the doctor or the physician. It is advised by most of the doctors that the antibiotic medications should not be consumed on an empty stomach. Hence, it is best that you consume the Duricef medication with your food so that you do not get affected by any kind of stomach illnesses.
Do not abandon the course of Duricef without completing it!!!
It is, perhaps, one of the most debated topics while consuming any medication. It has been seen that most of the patients tend to abandon the complete course of medication after they start to feel good for a few days. Basically, once you start to consume a medication regarding your illnesses, during the first few weeks you start to notice that the intensity of your symptoms starts to fade away. This is the time when most of the patients think that they can easily stop the use of the antibiotic, but unfortunately, it is not so.
It has been strictly prescribed by the doctors and the physician that one should complete the entire course of the antibiotic or any other kind of medication which has been prescribed to them by their doctor. This is because if a person tends to stop the course of the medication in the middle of the treatment, then there are chances that some of the bacteria which get left inside in the metabolism of the body will become resistant and immune towards the antibiotics. So, if after a few months the bacteria tend to emerge again, it will be very difficult to treat them and cure them with the same antibiotic medications.
Apart from this, it is also very important to maintain a constant dose every day for a particular type of antibiotic. This is because if you tend to increase or decrease the dosage as per your wish, then, you will not get the similar effect of the treatment because the constituents of the antibiotic will not be able to get absorbed into your metabolism in the exact same way as always.
Take care of the side effects during the consumption of Duricef
It is very important that you take care of your health while consuming this strong medication. It has been seen that due to the consumption of antibiotics, there are plenty of side effects which emerge in the body of the patient. So, in order to prevent yourself from any kind of dangerous side effects, you should know the proper use of this medication and what are the precautions which should be taken care of during the consumption of Duricef or any other kind of antibiotics.
Following are some of the side effects which may occur due to the consumption of antibiotics:
- Consistent use of antibiotic medications may lead to diarrhea and extremely loose stool. It is very important that you confirm with your doctor if you find any such symptoms of loose motions or diarrhea. Apart from this, do not consume the anti-diarrhea products without informing the doctor; since the constituents of the antibiotic medication and the anti-diarrhea medication might react violently with each other and produce even severe side effects.
- Extensive use of the antibiotic medications may also lead to some kind of vaginal infection and result in a dangerous kind of oral thrush. Hence, if under any circumstances, you see any kind of white spots inside your mouth or a change in the color of vaginal discharge, you should inform your doctor at the earliest without any failure.
- Although the allergies which are accompanied with an antibiotic medication may be quite minimalistic, yet, it has been seeing that there are situations in which the allergies which have been produced by the antibiotic medications have taken a dangerous toll on the patients. It is, therefore, very important that you inform your doctor if you find any kind of allergy related to your mouth, face, lips or you see any kind of swelling in your joints or tenderness in your bones.
- You might also feel sensations about lack of breeds or dizziness well there is nothing to worry about it since these are really common and will get over with time.
Searches Related to Cefadroxil
|cefadroxil uses (336,000 results)||cefadroxil acne (342,000 results)|
|cefadroxil 500 mg (391,000 results)||cefadroxil 500 mg uses (268,000 results)|
|cefadroxil dosage (370,000 results)||cefadroxil side effects (359,000 results)|
|cefadroxil generation (1,030,000 results)||cefadroxil and alcohol (348,000 results)|