Minomycin Prescribing Information
Minomycin is a broad- spectrum antibiotic that is used in the treatment of bacterial infections. It belongs to the group of tetracycline. It is useful in the treatment of gram-positive as well as gram- negative bacteria.
Mode of Action
Minomycin is a broad- spectrum antibiotic that contains minocycline. It works on a wide of bacteria like gonococci, staphylococci, meningococci and streptococci. It inhibits the protein synthesis in bacteria. It keeps bacteria by fabricating essential proteins that is very essential for growth, replication and repair. This prevents the infection from spreading.
Uses of Minomycin
Minomycin is used in the treatment of several bacterial infections caused by gram- negative and gram- positive bacteria. They are used in:
- Various mild or severe skin infections including acne, impetigo, folliculitis, furunculosis as well as in infected wounds
- Respiratory tract infections including pneumonia or bronchitis
- Genitourinary tract infections including cystitis, gonococcal urethritis and prostatitis
- Ear, nose, throat infections including otitis media, tonsillitis, pharyngitis and sinusitis
- Eye infections
- It is also used in development of the symptoms in the meningitis carriers
How to Use Minomycin?
You must take minomycin as advised by your doctor. You should take the medicine with a glass of water. It can be taken with or without food. The doctor will prescribe you the drug to take one or two times a day according to your condition. Your doctor will decide how long you need to take the drug.
Side- effects of Minomycin
There are some side- effects caused by Minomycin. Some side- effects are very common and mild. They do not need any special medical attention. They subside with time or as you get adapted to the use of the medicine.
The common and not so serious side effects of Minomycin include:
- Light- headedness
- Loss of appetite
- Hives or rashes
- Difficulty in swallowing
- Allergic reactions manifesting as swelling of the tongue or swelling on the face
- Burning sensation in the throat or in the food pipe
There are some rare side- effects of Minomycin too. These side-effects might be serious or not so serious but, you must consult your doctor if they occur. The rare side- effects caused by Minomycin include:
- Increased sensitivity of the patient to sunlight
- Staining of mouth, skin, nails as well as teeth
- Infection caused due to other bacteria or caused due to other organisms that are resistant to Minomycin for instance, intestinal thrush
Here are some very rare side- effects attached with the use of Minomycin. You must consult your doctor if any of these occur. The very rare side- effects of Minomycin include:
- Blurred vision
- Very painful joints
- Blood disorders
- Kidney issues
- Liver disorders
- Severe allergic reactions
- Inflammation of the bowel
- Acute liver failure
- Drug- induced hepatitis
Pregnancy and Breast- feeding
If you are pregnant or planning to get pregnant or if you breast feed a baby, you must tell your doctor beforehand to avoid any unwanted side- effect.
Searches Related to Minocycline Hydrochloride
|minocycline hydrochloride for acne (127,000 results)||minocycline vs doxycycline (391,000 results)|
|minocycline side effects (485,000 results)||minocycline and alcohol (411,000 results)|
|minocycline dosage (451,000 results)||minocycline price (2,530,000 results)|
|minocycline reviews (438,000 results)||minocycline for acne reviews (358,000 results)|